Why You Need To Clean Your Ducts & Vents In Your Home? Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why You Need To Clean Your Air Ducts & Vents In Your Home?
Every 24 hours of run time, a decent-size air conditioner pushes 2.8 million cubic feet of air through our ducts, and with it go a lot of microscopic pollutants. We inhale some of them. Others wind up stuck behind the TV. A lot of it sits up in our ducts, waiting to be blown back in to our living rooms when summer rolls around.
Cleaner Air, Energy Efficiency and Longer-Lasting Equipment.
In addition to changing your filters and cleaning your coils, removing dust from the ductwork is essential to keeping your home healthy.
How often should I have my ducts cleaned?
That depends on how often you run your air conditioner, how dusty your home and yard get, and a host of other conditions. You should have a AC company perform a video inspection of your ducts to find out how crucial a cleaning is, but below are a few indicators that it's time:
- If your allergies are frequently aggravated.
- If you recently replaced your air conditioner.
- If you've recently had your carpet, drapes or upholstery cleaned.
- If you've recently moved to a new home.
- If your home was recently built and may have buildup of construction debris.
- If you own pets.
- If you can't remember the last time your ducts were cleaned.
How Does A Duct Cleaning Service Work?
Here are some things to look out for if you want a decent duct cleaning:
- A duct cleaning service should begin with a video inspection of your ducts. A camera probe lets you see the condition of your ductwork, and will help you ascertain whether it's time for a cleaning.
- To access the inside of the duct system, we remove the registers, cleaning them before we replace them.
- A wide-diameter rotary brush is guided through your ducting, dislodging even the heaviest clumps of dust and debris. This device also has a high-powered vacuum directly adjacent to the brush, which draws all the pollutants into our HEPA filter.
- After your ducts have been cleaned, we'll inspect our work with the camera probe, and let you see the difference.